From U$D 239.00
p/person in dbl room
3D/2N – SUGGESTED ITINERARY
DAY 1 – Arrival
- Arrival to Iguassu Falls International Airport (IGU)
- Reception and private transfer to your hotel
- Optional Tour – Bird Park tour
- Overnight at the hotel in Iguassu Falls
Bird Park – It was opened in 1994. It is located in the town of Iguassu Falls, near the famous Iguassu Falls National Park right on the border of three nations: Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. It is a great attraction in itself. It’s set within 16 hectares (40 acres) of sub-tropical rain forest and provides shelter to around a thousand birds (150 species) as well as butterflies and reptiles from all South America and other exotic places. The park is privately owned and very well maintained. The difference is that this park, when compared to other zoos or similar parks, does not contain its animals in huge cages and enclosures but instead has its birds and animals roaming around and flying free. It is also possible to enter those “free” areas and admire all the beauty of the exotic and colorful birds which include a wide variety of parrots, toucans, eagles, owls and other birds. It’s a perfect place for photography and bird watchers as there’s no fence between the camera and the animals so the photos look as if they were taken in the natural original environment. This visit can be done on the way to Iguassu Falls National Park, on the same day; it takes around 1h 30min to see the entire park.
DAY 2 – Iguassu Falls Park
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Visit to Iguassu National Park
- Optional Tour – Macuco Safari boat tour, the nicest boat ride in the world,
- Optional By Night Folkloric Show – Show with or without dinner included (according to your preference) where one experiences the different cultures of the three countries that share the border lines in that area (Brazil, Argentina & Paraguay).
Macuco Safari is an unrivaled boat trip that will lead you on an exciting adventure at Iguassu Falls, where you will enjoy its entire splendor. The tour starts with an electric vehicle (environmentally friendly) which will take you through the exuberant forest of Iguassu National Park, accompanied by bilingual guides along the path. You will reach a dock where experienced professionals take visitors along Iguassu River until reaching the beautiful Canyon Falls. When you get there, you will see the beautiful landscape, feel the power of the falls that raise a mist forming a rainbow, you will feel the energy that will make this intense and breathtaking adventure become unforgettable.
DAY 3- Free Day – Optional Tour
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Optional Tour to Itaipu Dam – It is the world’s largest hydroelectric power plant. The installed capacity of the power plant is 12.600.000 kilowatts (kW) with 20 generators of 700.000 kW each. The power plant is responsible for 89% of the energy consumed in Paraguay and 25% in Brazil.
Itaipu Dam – The visit is guided by a bilingual guide and it takes about 2h30min. It is a seven-stop tour.
– 1st stop – Central Belvedere and Poty’s Panel Station- visitors enjoy a panoramic view of the dam and the spillway, and see a tile panel depicting awe-inspiring scenes from the time Itaipu was under construction, created by Paraná artist Poty Lazzarotto.
– 2nd stop – Concrete Dam Station: From the top of the dam where the generator units` water intake gates are located, visitors enjoy a privileged view of the power plant’s reservoir and the Paraná River, which resumes its course once it leaves the dam behind.
– 3rd stop – Cathedral Station: Once inside the dam, visitors discover the hollow architecture similar to that of a cathedral. They also walk by ducts (huge white “tubes”) through which up to 700 thousand liters of water flow per second, or half the flow of the Iguassu Falls within each one. They also see the former Paraná River bed.
– 4th stop – Production Building Station: This building holds the equipment that keeps the power plant in operation, including the generator units.
– 5th stop – Central Command Room Station: Right before the eyes of visitors, technicians control the power plant’s operation by means of computers and electronic panels. A yellow strip on the floor represents the border between Brazil and Paraguay. The divide is merely symbolic once the power plant belongs to both countries.
– 6th stop – Outflow Channel Station: from this viewpoint, visitors watch the water that go through the turbines flow back into the Paraná River and follow its natural course.
– 7th stop – Gallery Station: Workers riding bikes or driving small electric cars give a sense of this gallery’s dimension, which is one kilometer long. The covers of the 20 generating units can be seen from here.
- Transfer with english speaking guide to the local airport
- End of our services
Recomendation: provide waterproof clothing, mainly for the Macuco Safari optional tour,mosquitos repellent, sunscreen lotion
Our services include:
- 2 nights at the chosen hotels with breakfast included;
- All transfers mentioned in private basis;
- All the tours in the above itinerary;
- Entrance fees and meals mentioned on the above itinerary;
- Assistance by our local (in English).
Our services don’t include:
- Drinks (during the included meals);
- International flights and Domestic flights;
- Other personal expenses.