From U$D 749.00
p/person in dbl room
3D/2N LIMA, CUSCO AND MACHU PICCHU
Day 1: LIMA/CUSCO: Arrival, city tour and nearby ruins
- Arrival to Lima and connecting Flight to Cusco
- Visit Cusco downtown and nearby ruins: La Plaza Mayor, The Cathedral and El Qorikancha (Sun Temple), Sacsayhuaman, Q´enqo, Puca-Pucara and Tambomachay.
- Overnight at hotel in Cusco
The Cathedral – (1566 – 1669) – Built on an important temple Inca, dedicated to the God Wiracocha. Its altars are splendid; its pulpit of carved wood is magnificent, as are the choir stalls. It also holds a good collection of paintings from the Cusco School. Its gold and silver work are some of the richest treasures known in Colonial art, including an immense monstrance of gold and precious stones and a solid silver shrine for the Corpus Christy procession.
Koricancha – It was one of the most worshiped and respected temples of the city. “The gold precinct”, as it was known, was a sacred place where people venerated the maximum Incan god: the INTI. For that reason, people could only get there fasting, barefooted and with some load on their backs as a sign of humility, in compliance with the indications of the main priest “Wilaq Umuo”. According to the history, when the Spaniards broke into the temple, they did not respect any of the mentioned rules.
You can still appreciate the walls and rooms showing the high level of the Inca techniques. It is said that it was a garden with gold sculptures of trees, animals and flowers and this explains its Quechua name. Thick gold plates covered the walls of the Sun Temple, which also sheltered an enormous massive gold shield. Nothing of these treasures has been recovered. It is said that all these relics were sent to the king of Spain.
Tambomachay – It is located 7 K.m. from Cusco, and at a height of 3,700 m, it is known as Inca Bath. It is considered as a place of cult to the water and it displays the high degree of Incas as masters in hydraulic engineering.
PukaPukara – “Red tower” in Quechua, it is located 6 K.m. from Cusco and because of its strategic location, it was a military and administrative center from where the Inca Trail was controlled.
Q´enqo – “Labyrinth” or “zigzag” in Quechua, it is located 3 K.m. from Cusco. It is a ceremonial center and worshipping place to Mother Earth (“Pachamama”). It was built with enormous stone blocks of up to 5, 90m. in a puma shape. There is a tunnel labyrinth under the ground.
Sacsayhuamán – “The place where the puma rests” in Quechua. It is a fortress located 2 K.m. from Cusco. It is a monumental complex which, together with Cusco, is considered to be one of the seven new wonders of the world. The cyclopean work was planned and constructed by Andean men. It is formed by 3 overlapping platforms of an average 360 m. in length, with a big number of stairs and stone doors (up to 9m. high and up to 5m. length). It is the perfect example of an Inca construction, the enormous stone blocks without any cement or mortar in between which weigh 125 tons. The construction started with the Inca Pachacutec. It took over 70 years and the work of approximately 20,000 people. The main place is the scene, where every June 24, the Incas celebrate the “Inti Raymi” (“Fiesta del Sol” in Spanish).
Day 2: CUSCO/MACHU PICCHU: Full day to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Early transfer to train station. Expedition train to Aguas Calientes.
- Arrival to Aguas Calientes town
- Short walk to the Bus stop. Transfer by bus to Machu Picchu entrance
- Guided visit round this wonderful and unique place.
- At the appropriate time, transfer back by bus to Aguas Calientes.
- Menu Lunch in a local Restaurant in Aguas calientes.
- In the afternoon, short walk to the train station and return to Cusco by Expedition train. Transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Overnight at the hotel Cusco
Machu Picchu Sanctuary – It is located in the high tropical forest (2800 meters), 112 K.m. from Cusco. The Fortress of Machu Picchu is one of the world’s archeological jewels and the main travel destination in Peru and South America. Machu Picchu was discovered in 1911 by the American archaeologist Hiram Bingham. Machu Picchu is, indeed, one of the most imposing and impressive monumental sets of the planet, which was recognized by UNESCO as a Human Cultural Heritage.
Constructed on the summit of the Machu Picchu Mountain (in Quechua Machu Picchu means Old Mountain), dominating and controlling the Valley of the Urubamba, the Fortress had functions as administrative, religious and military centers, expressing the perfection of the Inca architecture.
Day 3: CUSCO/LIMA/…: Return
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima. Immediate connecting to the international flight.
- END OF OUR SERVICES
Our services include:
- 2 nights at the chosen hotels with breakfast included.
- All transfers mentioned in private services.
- All the excursions in regular services .
- Entrance fees for all the excursions mentioned above.
- Train tickets CLASS EXPEDITION for the Aguas Calientes route
- Bus up/down tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- 1 Menu Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- International and domestic flights reconfirmation.
- Permanent assistance by our local offices.
Our services don’t include:
- following route: Lima / Cusco and Cusco / Lima)
- Other personal expenses.